Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

An assortment

So it's August, it's almost 90 degrees in Connecticut right now and I'm looking at catalogs of fall clothes.

It's weird, because I'm not a cool weather person at all. I hate snow, I hate cold, and therefore, I cannot think of a more miserable time than winter. I hate socks and shoes - I'd wear flip flops or be barefoot all year if it were possible. Connecticut's winters are too cold and wet for that, unfortunately.

But I have to tell you... there is just something satisfying about looking at a catalog of new sweaters and jeans. More than any type of clothes, I love to look at fall clothes.

So yeah, it's 90 degrees, I'm sweating, and I'm looking at jeans, boots and sweaters. As a teacher, September is like my New Year's. I guess I have all those memories of starting anew in new clothes. The weird thing is that since I lost my job and haven't found another one, I have nowhere to wear new clothes anyway. I think I might try to sub this year, so maybe I'll need some new clothes after all.

In other news, I'm on a Nutella kick these days. My goal for tonight is an ice cream sundae with Nutella sauce. I think it'll be good. What better way to celebrate 7 pounds of weight loss in 4 weeks than with ice cream, right? Not that I'm trying to sabotage my success or anything. But you know, everything in moderation.

Anyway, I need to rebound from the last week or so. Since we got home from Colorado last week, I've gotten two Facebook pregnancy announcements and a third friend had her baby. Dear God, what a week. Just when I think everyone who could possibly have a kid already has, another pregnant person appears somehow. And oddly, I have a drastically reduced, pared down social circle as a result. I have like 5 friends. How could 3 of them be pregnant at the same time?!!? Sheesh. So yeah, ice cream for dinner tonight. And just because everyone I know is pregnant and I'm not, I may have a glass or two of wine. So there!

2 comments:

  1. oh, girl, ice cream it is! i'm so sorry...eek! that stinks.

    but, nutella. mmmm...nutella! that commercial where the mom is feeding her kids nutella for breakfast and tries to make it sound like she's all health-conscious and stuff is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know. It even says that on the bottle, too, "part of a nutritious breakfast..." Yeah because they make it with skim milk or something. It was perfect on my ice cream sundae! (Which was really frozen yogurt, so it wasn't soooo bad.) Add nutella, which is apparently nutritious, to frozen yogurt, which is fat free and low calorie, and then you have a splurge dinner for about 300 calories. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete