2) We decided that we'll at least apply to our agency's domestic program and order all the copies of the profiles that they'll need. We're allowed to apply to other programs at other agencies if we want. And if other agencies require that we redo our profile in a different way, we'll deal with that and redo the profile in a different way.
3) Remember this? The bad? Fingerprints from the FBI are taking 10-12 weeks to come back? That's Thanksgiving! Today, I checked my credit card statement online and it has been charged. "FBI Record Request" is on there! Now I know it's only been 6 weeks. And just because they charged the credit card does not mean that they've actually done the background check or mailed the results. It just means that they've charged my credit card. But that is progress, and my goodness I will take every step of progress available.
4) We are very, very close to being listed as "waiting." When I spoke with my social worker on Thursday, she said she was almost finished writing our home study. We can be activated when the agency gets our profile books, fingerprint clearances and a(nother) check. As soon as the home study is written. Ooh, it's so close I can feel it.
5) Our profile should be available and out in the universe in early November.
6) Thursday is my birthday. I have a whole post on that coming up tomorrow. Happy birthday to me!