Here are some interesting things about me that will help you get to know me better.
1) Mister and I are planning to complete a domestic adoption. We are in the waiting phase, otherwise known as the "it's completely out of our control and there's nothing more we can do" phase. We're waiting for our social worker to finish writing our home study, we're waiting for our fingerprint clearances to be returned by the FBI (8-12 weeks, how 'bout that for efficient governance...sigh.) and we're waiting to be ready to wait to be matched.
2) I majored in music in college. I wasn't (and still am not) particularly talented, but I loved playing the piano in high school, so I picked my major in college because I thought it would be fun. I am, as you might say, the complete opposite of driven. I studied music because I loved it. I knew so many people in college who studied economics or science so that they'd get jobs. It's 12 years later, I have no job, and they probably do. But whatever. I had so much fun doing what I loved for those 4 years.
3) I got this new cookbook last week, Martha Stewart's Cupcakes. I'm thinking about doing a Julie & Julia style project and baking each one of the 175 cupcakes in the book. I don't know if I'd do it as a blog or not though. I'm sure someone else already has, so it's not like I'm the first person to think of such things. Or even if anyone would be interested in looking at pictures of my cupcakes.
4) I'm slightly obsessed with Christmas music. I have 31 hours of Christmas music on my computer right now. It's October. I'll add more throughout the season. And that says nothing of all the CDs that I have. I have no idea how much Christmas music I actually have. I try not to listen to it before November though. I figure that while early November isn't really when most people turn on their Christmas music, putting it on in October would make me an object of public scorn and ridicule. So I wait until November. Usually.
5) I hate cold. Hate it, hate it, hate it. To the point that I wish that people could hibernate. If I were a bear, I'd be getting ready to go to sleep now and I'd wake up in March or so. It sounds excellent to me. I hate cold, I like to sleep. Clearly, I should have been a bear.
What is something interesting about you?