Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, July 18, 2010

About Us

Me - Shy, sincere, elementary teacher, unemployed, hopeful (more often than not) about adoption, lonely, hating Facebook and its ensuing superficial friendships these days. Love good music, movies and wine.



Mister - In graduate school at night, working full time. Busy. Serious, loving, funny, busy.



The name of the blog - I was raised Catholic. I went to Catholic school and my parents were always involved with our church as I was growing up. I remember this line from Mass, “protect us from all anxiety as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.” That state of joyful hope always struck me as a particularly poignant concept. It doesn’t say we’re waiting quietly and patiently. It does specifically say not to have anxiety about waiting (which I have yet to master) but to be joyful. Waiting in joyful hope acknowledges that waiting is not easy, even waiting for something happy has anxiety and stress. Whatever the particular anxieties are - it may not happen, it may take longer than you expect, it might have a different result from what you planned, or your feelings may change along the way - whether we’re waiting for the coming of our Lord or we’re waiting for an adoption to happen or anything, when we pray at Mass that we’re waiting in joyful hope, we ask God to protect us from all anxiety while we wait. I have a lot of anxiety about my life these days, and I need some protection while I wait.


Mostly, I think I do wait in joyful hope. I can’t wait to be a mother. I’ve never wanted anything so badly, and I’ve never quite pictured myself as anything else. I even think I’ll do a good job. But waiting is hard, for sure, and it engenders many anxieties. So I try to remember to ask God to protect me from my anxieties while I wait in joyful hope. I suppose if you have to wait, joyful hope is a better state in which to be waiting than dismay and caution. Now I will wait in joyful hope, protected from all anxieties. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment